Those Who Love Me!

Turbo Fire!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Family Farm Fresh...Mmmm Mmmm Good!

I'm really big on health and fitness. I've always been an active athlete in school and even post school I stayed active. Until I was put on bed rest during my pregnancy a few times and then was told I had to cut back on working out. No working out?! WTH?! My main reason for wanting to keep up with my routine was so I didn't land into that category when women just let themselves go during and after pregnancy. So my doctor sure did rain on my parade because I sure was cute with my baby bump under my Under Armour tops ::sigh:: So here we are, 2 years post delivery and I STILL have not lost ALL of my pregnancy weight. Making progress but, it's taking too long for me.

Time to get back to the old me. And that means changing my eating habits too. I've already adopted the Clean Eating (or Eat Clean Diet as some know it by) for the household in January. The Hubster came home from deployment in March and had to just deal with the changes. I mean they weren't HUGE changes...we just weren't buying too many overly processed and packaged foods. Besides, I've been having so much more fun making stuff from scratch.

The produce here on base and even off base at grocery stores just haven't impressed me all that well. I mean, it's good and all but, I have found lots of rotten items in bulk bags and blah blah blah. Farmer's Markets are always the way to go for me but, sometimes I don't feel like getting up early on the weekend to drive half an hour to get to one. So that leads us to....


Family Farm Fresh is a local company that delivers FRESH produce to your door!! They work with LOCAL farmers (we're stationed in the middle of an agricultural area)! That means, my produce will not be on a truck for days to get to me. Or even from out of the country! Picked just minutes away from where I am. Now that's what I'm talking about! We received our first basket today.


Mini Me was trying to attack the basket! That is the newsletter on the front of the basket. It comes with each basket. Provides storing information for your produce, a recipe, any news and a list of other items that you can add to your basket.

Just a little shot of the top of it. Kind of a bad pic. We were in a rush to get to my appointment.

The basket UNLOADED. We received:
Lettuce, Baby Bok Choy, Spinach, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Strawberries, Avocados, Oranges and Tangelos.

The welcome/membership folder. Very informative.

I was sooooo excited to get the basket! And Mini Me had an orange. Let me just tell you this, this was the BEST tasting orange I had had in a looooonnnnngggggg time! It was so sweet and delicious! Mini Me LOVED it too. I am really happy about the decision to use this company's service. If you're in the Central Valley here in Cali, check them out! The manager Pam is amazing! You can customize your basket however you want.


Phone: 559.798.0557

Mon - Fri:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Family Farm Fresh is also apart of Community Supported Agriculture. This organization helps people find local, seasonal food that they can buy directly from a farmer. Most people don't know but, if you buy from the grocery store, a farmer may only get a few CENTS back from that purchase! So why not support these farmers and their families buy going directly to the source.

For more information on CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) check out: http://www.localharvest.org/csa/

0 Love Its or Hate Its:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...