Those Who Love Me!

Turbo Fire!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day Eight (May 8th 2010): Where I Find my Strength




Well, this is the last day of the carnival. I just entered the blogging world a few days ago and just HAD to join in on this great adventure. I've come across quite a few incredible blogs that I plan on following. You learn interesting facts about people through events like this and I really look forward to learning even more!

I didn't have to put too much thought into today's final topic. I find my strength in:

My Husband - Whenever I feel like I am at my worst, he reminds me of all the things he loves about me. He goes out of his way to make sure that I am happy. I look at him and am constantly reminded that he needs me too. He needs me to be the strong woman he met and fell in love with. And when I think about that, I gather myself together, get back to work.

Our Daughter - 3 years of trying to have a child and she finally arrived. Although she came 6 weeks early, weighing in at 4lbs. 7oz. she didn't have to spend one second in the NICU. We had a few scares during our pregnancy but, this little girl fought to get her. She left the hospital 2 days later with both APGAR Scores being a 9. Her NICU Pediatrician said she never gives preemies that kind of score. We have a strong little girl. She's proven all her doctors wrong when they say she is behind the curve. If this tiny little girl can have so much drive, I should be able to match it right!?

GOD - He never fails me. He's always right on time. When I KNOW I'm at my lowest, GOD comes right on in and opens my eyes to something grand. When I thought my marriage was going to fail, GOD stepped in. When we had just about given up trying to have children, GOD stepped in. It's true, he never gives you more than you can bare. And I have surely felt like my cup was a running overeth! LOL! But, I just get on my knees (or sit in a chair or lay in the bed...hey, I'm human!) and pray.

Myself - Sure, I find most of my strength in the three listed above. But when it really comes down to it, no matter how many compliments I get, how many accomplishments I make, I have to look to myself for strength too. If I don't, all the things that my husband, our daughter and GOD have shown me, won't matter unless I give a little as well. And it took me a long time to see that. When you've been put down and not supported by the very people who were suppose to be your family and even so called friends, sometimes you lose that drive to be strong. Not anymore! I stand tall and proud for every decision I make and for everything that I have become.

I had tons of fun during my very first week of blogging! I must say that I am now addicted, LOL!

See ya on the next post!

0 Love Its or Hate Its:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...