Those Who Love Me!

Turbo Fire!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day is very very very dear to my heart. My husband is an Active Duty Sailor and returned home from an 8 month deployment not long ago. Although when he is deployed he is on a ship in the middle of the ocean, he has had to go ashore a few times while the ship stayed afloat several times for missions he volunteered for. I thank God everyday for my husband. And everyday that he is deployed, I wait anxiously for an email from him to just let me know that he is ok. One of my biggest fears when he is deployed is that I am going to get a knock on the door and when I open it I am going to see my ombudsmen, either my friend Angela or Melody and a MA together to come deliver me news that my husband has died during one of his missions that he seems to always volunteer for.

I don't care whether you support the war that is going on or not, you should support those men and women who are sacrifing their lives and familes to defend our country. Somebody had to do it! My heart truly goes out to my fellow Military families and especially spouses who have had to greet their beloved soldier, marine or sailor in a homecoming in a casket draped with the American flag.

I came across this video about 2 weeks ago and I was in tears. Trey Songz is one of my favorite music artist and I was not ready for this type of video from him. I expected something completely different. But it resonates with me because I live the military life and know the fear that comes along with it.

Watch. Enjoy. And I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.






0 Love Its or Hate Its:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...