Those Who Love Me!

Turbo Fire!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Time for the Spiritual Post!

Now, some of you may not believe in GOD. And I know so far my blog hasn't really been "Christian" based, but, I can not help but be drawn to blog about what I experienced yesterday. Well, technically I should say today but, since it's after midnight here, I have no choice but to say yesterday. Now, this may be a 3 part series, LOL! I'm sorry but, the spiritual meal I received at this women's conference is just overflowing in me and I just have to share with everyone! So the next few posts will go like this:

- This late night post: Quick overview of what I'll be talking about over the next 2 or 3 post

- This Afternoon's Post: Notes I took on the workshops "Surviving a Storm" and "Marriage GOD's Way"

- Monday's Post: Notes from the the keynote speakers from the conference

I have to admit, I am in no way shape or form an Evangelist, First Lady of a church or anything like that. Yes, I was baptized and "accepted" GOD when I was 16. On my own. BUT...as I look back to the day that I did that, I realize that I really did not know what I was doing. And to be really really really honest, I believe in my heart that I did it to try and fit in with my BFF at the time. I went to her church with her and her Grandmother almost every Sunday and even attended choir rehearsal. Sure, I prayed. I read the bible from time to time but I had no clue as to what I was truly doing in the house of the LORD. I still pray. I still look to GOD for....most of my problems. But I am nowhere near the child of GOD I know I am suppose to be.

What brought me to that realization was my marriage and now, our daughter. We're a family now. My husband and I looked to GOD when things had started to get rough. Things got better. We moved and sad to say, kind of left him out again. I didn't grow up in a religious home so I found faith on my own. I give myself kudos for that, but I have been even more thirsty for the word of GOD ever since I decided that I would commit and submit to my marriage. When I decided that I wanted to model myself after the Proverbs 31 woman, I knew I where I needed to go to get my training started. I am truly blessed to have found 2 other women here on this base that are joining me on that path of becoming Proverbs 31 Women! And I can't wait to see what great things GOD has in store for us.

The next few days I'll share my notes I took on how to be "meteorologist of the storms of our lives" (I loved the way that Sister put that!), how to have a GODLY marriage and not the worldly marriage that is so widely accepted (and hopefully I can find the same examples that the other Sister gave), and a few other awesome topics.

The conference I am speaking about was Mt. Zion Assemblies Women of Excellence Women's Conference. It was held in Fresno, CA on May 28th and May 29th. I missed Friday the 28th's service, BUT, I was able to purchase the DVD and I'll be watching that tomorrow for preparation of my post for Monday. I had the pleasure of being invited by one of the ladies that I have met and am starting to grow a friendship with from my local Mommy group. It's amazing how GOD places people in your life at certain times and you not even realize what a blessing they can be to you! I am truly blessed and am grateful for her coming into my life right at this moment.

So get ready because I have a LOT to talk about! And that is so funny to me because for the past week I have been struggling to find something to blog about. Let me reiterate again, I am NO Evangelist, First Lady, tongue speaker or any other Holy Spirit filled person you may find in the church. Heck, most of the time I don't even want to stand and praise GOD with a "Hallelujah!" out loud for fear of looking silly, LOL! But I hope that when I start writing and sharing with you what I have heard over the weekend that GOD silences me and speaks through me!

See you later on today!



0 Love Its or Hate Its:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...