Those Who Love Me!

Turbo Fire!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Deployment Frame of Mind

2011 is definitely going to be the year to stay busy. The Hubster is going out on deployment again and I truly feel this is going to be the hardest deployment we will go through. Why? Because Mini Me will be 3 when he leaves. When I tell you she is a Daddy's girl, trust me, she is the real deal. She is much more aware of things that happen around her, who people are and when people aren't around. Today when he was headed to work, she grabbed her BDU hat just like Daddy's and said she was going to work with him. When she couldn't she cried. And it's been like that since he went back to work. And he works nights so, no goodnight story, hug and kiss from her favorite man.

We'll be purchasing the Princess Dreams Record-A-Book to record Daddy so that we can play that at bedtime or any other time she wants to hear he Daddy. Also, I really want to get her a Daddy Doll from Hug a Hero. I saw a little girl with one on the plane a little over a year ago and thought that was such a great idea! I think I might need one of those dolls too, LOL! I mean hey, I'm going to miss him too you know!

I think with hanging out and taking trips with my friend and her kids (her husband is also in our CAG and will be out with The Hubster), visiting family, blogging, training for my first 5k (the Disneyland Family Fun Run 5k) and deciding on where to get my group fitness instructor training from, the deployment should go by somewhat smoothly. What do you think?

If you are a military spouse and have done a deployment with a toddler/preschooler, please share what you have done to make things a little easier for your little ones when they are missing their Daddy.



0 Love Its or Hate Its:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...