I haven't participated in quite some time. But I think since one of my goals this year is to really get into blogging, what better place to start is with my fellow military spouses! I always come across some great bloggers when I participate in this Friday favorite of mine. If you want to join in and meet some awesome bloggers as well, check out Wife of a Sailor.
1. If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?
- Definitely Comedy, Romantic Comedy or Action movies. Simply because, I don't like horror or thriller movies, LOL! I like to laugh until I cry and I love love love Action movies. Did you see Fast & the Furious (all of them) or even Wanted? Yeah, those kind of Action movies. They are just so much fun.
2.What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
- Hmmmm. I want to see so many places, how do I choose just one? I know! I would take a month long vacation to the a Club Med family vacation resort. Yes, I know most people would choose to take that time to leave the kids (and maybe even the husband, LOL) behind but, if money were no object, I would want my family to be to experience a luxury vacation together. Heck, maybe even invite ALL our family to go along with us because some of our family members have never been on a vacation.
3. Did you have pets growing up?
- I think I had fish. I know for certain there were no four-legged animals running around. My Mom was not having that. Nor the apartment complex we lived in :-)
4.What do you do for exercise?
- ::grinning:: You have no idea how this topic makes me feel! Exercise? I LOVE to workout!! Since I could walk I've been active, LOL! Seriously, I use to have my Grandma count as I jumped on her mini-trampoline and I do believe they said I was like 2 or 3 when I started doing that. Played basketball and ran track all throughout my youth and up until I graduated high school. Became a personal trainer and all. I love fitness.
Anywho, I'm working out 5-6 days a week. And to be honest, I'm just getting back into a routine after this holiday season we just had (what? I indulged too!). Right now I am doing Turbo Fire. Last year I was going to one of the community centers here on base and using the small gym with a friend of mine. Weights and cardio of course. We would mix up which community center we went to and some days we took our workout outside for a walk around housing. I plan on doing the Disney Royal Family Fun Run 5K in September so I've been utilizing Couch 2 5K (an app on my iPhone) because this will be my first ever long distance run and I need all the training I can get!
Turbo Fire is the program right now though. I'm a Beachbody Coach (the makers of P90X) and was able to get it at a cheaper rate (hey why not; plus, I love helping other's get fit too). I'm going to be blogging about my Turbo Fire journey (12 whole weeks). To find out about Turbo Fire click here and to read the first 2 posts (I'll be blogging weekly), click here and here. There's my business plug; next question :-)
5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?
- It's not so much "advice" that was given to me but a statement, "Marriage is hard work. But a military marriage requires even more work". And it's true! I am all about making sure The Hubster is happy and less stressed when he is home. Does it always happen? No. But I try to make it happen as often as possible. It was easier when he was on shore duty but now that he is on sea duty and currently in the workup process for cruise number 2, we butt heads often. Does that deter me from continuing to make this house a home, no. Do I get irritated? Yes! But I pray about it, remember he is stressed out and try to help out as much as possible.
Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all next week!